1. What semester are you in? How tough are the classes?
MD 3 and its the toughest semester so yea
2. Do you enjoy the campus?
Not really, the campus itself doesn't look great but you go to school study and come back, so most of the time goes by just studying.
3. Do you feel prepared for the USMLE 1?
I would say SJSM gives you just the basic ground to stand on most of it depends on urself on how you study and you have to use other resources, so in short no im not prepared but im off to a start and after im done here i would definately need to watch Kaplan and other videos to be actually prepared
4. Is this school accredited to practice in the US?
Yep thats wat they have told us
5. How many people are prepared and pass the USMLE at this school?
Everyone wants to pass but no one is prepared they all want to take the time off and then write it maybe 1 person says he can do it right now
6. Any other tips/advice?
read the blog :) i put alot of advices , esp the sjsm student guide will help you for sure
7. Is it important that the school is not accredited with FLA, NY, NJ?
Depends, if you really want to practice in those states then yes , but otherwise you still got 47 other states but if those 3 states are your priority then it wud be something that wud be important.
8. How do the clinical work?
Im not sure yet, since im not there so check out their website or call them for info on that :)
9. Any first year students we can also talk too?
I cant give any personal info, you can ask about that on sjsm facebook page should find alot of MD 1 there :)
10. Room for spouces?
Hmm on the blog i provided ph # for real estate dealers try calling them they can give you the latest info
11. How do you deal with being away from family?
just try to focus on study honestly but it can be very tough from time to time but im trying
12. Tution reimbursement?
Im not sure how that works since i haven't used that option yet but im sure it will be a hassle since the school really cares about hte money
13. Many people fail?
Depends on the class, in my MD2 physiology class close to 8 or 9 failed out of 32
14. Any other details? Which campus is better?
You can decide :) pro and cons and details on both campus are listed below
best of luck :)
med Stu life